Monday, January 18, 2010

Yellow Brick Road

It's finally done. I clicked the button! Yes, my first article is on the way to the Midwest Voices Column in the Kansas City Star. After careful consideration, I have written about "Kids Today". You all know that I have been a Substitute Teacher for many years.
It's important to write about what you actually know about. That's kind of a "no-brainer". But, I was so stressed about my topic that I nearly came unglued. the first two articles of the series were written about Health Care Issues and our Military Presence in Foreign Countries. Really heady stuff. So, no wonder I was freaked out.
Thankfully, I came to my senses. Well, actually Scott, daughter Amy, friend Yvette and my P.E.O. sisters calmed me down and reminded me that "Kids" are what I know. Write about what you know, woman, they told me! The article will appear next Saturday, January 23rd. Let me know what you think, or better yet, comment on the Star's Midwest Voices Blog.
And speaking of "what I know", I know that God is present in our lives and that we are His children. Trusting God to lead us down the right path, will surely be our salvation.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Congrats on getting your article turned in! We will definately buy a paper Saturday.