Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Almost Ready to Stick a Fork In It

One more month until my stint as Missouri Conference UMW President is over. Since UMW has a strict policy of tenure limits, I finally have to admit that I've been there and done it all (offices that is)and my hat can no longer be thrown into the ring. It has been a most enjoyable four years, however 4 years is enough, girlfriends. I have been able to share my life, my struggles and my shortcomings with the wonderful women of this conference. They know that while I may not have been the most perfect of presidents, I have given them my best.....red outfits, bald head and all.
Many thanks to all of the many churches and pastors who welcomed me over the past four years. And, to the very few who were non-supportive of UMW, and to the several who were downright ugly to me and to the organization......it was your loss.I have learned that you cannot hope to please everyone, but I THANK GOD for the thousands of folk in Missouri, who know that United Methodist Women are at the very core of Methodism and that we are Mission Arm of the United Methodist Church.
Mabel Unser has been elected and duly installed to take over the UMW Presidency, this coming January 1st. She is going to do a great job. Mabel, too, has held lots of UMW positions and she comes well qualified. The women of Missouri will welcome her and her leadership style with open arms.
My last official duty as Pesident comes this weekend with the presentation of
MODOT II, Your Road to A Better UMW. (Missouri District Officer Training) We'll be at Fairview UMC (thank you Rev. Nick Campbell) in Hard Hats and Training Gear.
Oh, by the way, if you know of anyone who is looking for an slightly worn warrior for the Lord, look me up...I need a job!

No comments: