Monday, September 7, 2009

What's cookin?

Have you seen the curent movie "Julie and Julia"? Basically, it is a clever combination of two stories of two women. They never meet, but Julie tries to put purpose to her life by spending one whole year creating the recipes from Mastering the Art of French Cooking by Julia Child.
I enjoyed the movie so much that I purchased a copy of Julia Child's book. I wanted to cook the infamous Beef Recipe from the movie. However, my cooking skills are such that I first had to buy a proper pan to cook the durn thing in. But VOILA'! I did it and it was tasty. Now, I can't wait to try other new recipes.
Why, I am telling you this? Well, because I think it is important that we, as Faithful Christians, try new things. Are you in a rut and always doing the same thing? (Cooking the same recipes, planning the same meetings, following the same worship service format, singing the same hymns....over and over) BTW, did you know that the Doxology may be sung to the tune of "Hernando's Hideaway?" OLE'!
Bon Appetit, mes amis! Get creative! Do something out of the ordinary. Try a Souffle' instead of that boring meatloaf! How about helping the congregation learn a new hymn? God knows that it might wake a few people up in that meeting or that worship service.
Let me know what you serve this week. Adieu.

1 comment:

Amy Kincaid said...

Nice message. And not even a snappish comment about your (un)beloved jello salads?