Sunday, July 28, 2024

"If you're ever in a mess.....SOS"

 I want to write a few words about friendship. I read something recently, about friends. This particular article made the statement that "if you have been friends with someone for seven ears, you have made a friend for life." I agree with that, and what's more, when you are pushing 80, the friends that you have, who are still alive and kicking with you, are pretty damn golden!

True Friends, to quote another source, are folks that you can talk to, not necessarily every day, or even every month. They are people that you can just start a conversation with, and it seems like you only spoke to them a couple of hours ago. My friends and I can do that.  If you have forever friends like that, you are truly blessed. 

Facebook has, in my opinion been worth all of the "hacks", ads, and sales pitches that get dumped on you, delivered unannounced and unwanted. I have been able to connect with dozens of friends, through Facebook, that I would have otherwise lost contact with.  Well, yeah, it can be a bit of a pain sometimes, but the comments I get, when I post a photo, or answer a post, are worth a million dollars to me.

And, I make new friends, quite often. I am not shy and I love to talk to folks, as a volunteer at the WWI Museum and any new place I happen to be. That old Girl Scout song lyric, "Make new friends, but keep the old. One is Silver and the other Gold. A circle is round and has no end. That's how long, I"ll be your friend." So True.

"Friendship, Friendship, just a perfect blend ship. When other Friendships have been forgot. Ours will stilll be hot. Ladlie-ahdie-ahdie-ding-ding-ding."

Send me an email or text, sometime!!!! I'd love to hear from you!!!

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

 Lord. I am so thankful for the wonderful friendships that I have made. Forgive me for perhaps not being a perfect friend, in return. Keep showing me how to be the best friend that I can be. Allow me to be there for others. Help me to guard against selfish thoughts, and put others first.

No comments:

Who Really Cares?

 Is it fair? Is it fair to travel back into time and change a person's legacy? I mean, a hundred or maybe two hundred years from now, wi...