There are times when life throws you a curve ball or two. It happens to all of us. And, of course, curve balls are always hard to catch and to hit. Life has been pitching me nothing but curves.
During the last couple of weeks, I have felt like I have been stuck on the Little League bleacher bench of life, waiting for the last out, of the ninth inning. I won't bother you with the details, so just believe me when I write that the score, of this particular game, has been way, way lopsided. And, not in my favor.
I do not know what sustains you, but Faith is my big fat catcher's mitt. Faith, I believe, is trusting that God will see me through, wherever the ball gets thrown.
So, I'm still in the game, for now. I know that God is ever-present and that things are bound to get better. I'm anticipating a relief pitcher, with a whole new bunch of junk. And soon, I will be able to hit one out of the park.
Hand me the bat!
Dear God, you are our refuge and our strength, an ever-present help in trouble.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"A Long time Ago, in a Galaxy ...."
I had a type of flash-back moment this morning. I want to share it with you. Today, a Space X Rocket was successfully launched that put 26 c...
-
As Paul McCartney wrote……“Baby you can drive my car…..” Now, I never believed he was singing to me, but, as it turns out, he was predict...
-
Today I learned the real history of one of my favorite children's book characters. I am referring to the renowned "Winnie-the-Pooh...
-
How did your ancestors get to America? Do you know if you are a descendant of someone who arrived here, before the Revolutionary War? Did yo...
No comments:
Post a Comment