Monday, September 9, 2024

"I like that old time Rock and Roll"...........

 In 1697, William Congreve wrote, "Music has charms to sooth the savage breast, to soften rocks or bend a knotted oak." It is clear to me that this gifted poet, did not live in today's electronic music world.

For eight days, recently, I was a captive audience, to some of the strangest noise that has ever been called music. Residing in a flimsy tent, in the middle of the Nevada desert, I listened, until the wee hours of the morning, to booming bass-rythmn notes, being blasted everywhere. People kept telling me how great the DJs were. What great music they played. I just couldn't understand, what they were talking about.

DJs play recorded music. Originally, it was vinyl records, then tapes and I surmize now, they make up disks of prerecorded music or something like that. Does one take lessons to learn that skill? Any way, in my opinion, it was awful. What kind of talent does it take to play recorded music? There is an old joke, where the music teacher asks a student, "What do you play?" The student says, " The radio." 

Life is a joke come true.

...........................................................................................................................................................................

Dear Lord. Patience is indeed a virtue. Help me to have patience.

No comments:

Who Really Cares?

 Is it fair? Is it fair to travel back into time and change a person's legacy? I mean, a hundred or maybe two hundred years from now, wi...