Friday, July 12, 2024

"Where troubles melt like Lemon Drops".....

 I have a new screensaver on my trusty Desktop, and although I have been known to switch images often, I plan on keeping this one, right where I can see it, for a long, long time. Just now, It suits me.

You know by now, that I am a native Kansan. Although, I have lived in Missouri, for many years, I have returned, "Back to Kansas, where the great big sunflowers grow." "I was born in Kansas. I was bred in Kansas, etc."

Although, Kansas may be considered a "fly-over state", by some, Kansas is famous for many things. For example: the man who invented Basketball, coached and taught for years, "up at Lawrence, on the Kaw." Dwight Eisenhower and Amelia Earhart were Kansans. More recently, both Ted Lasso (Jason Sudeikis) and Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family), often speak of their Kansas Roots. Kansas is, as one of my Junior High teachers rather oddly stated, "The Navel of the Nation."

But, the most famous Kansan, is Dorothy Gale. She is a figment of L. Frank Baum's imagination, but she is, never the less, outrageously famous. Dorothy saved Baum, from a life of obscurity and failure. She survived a tornado, the wicked witch, her ugly monkeys and a charlatan of a Wizard. And, she sings my second most favorite Kansas Song, "Over the Rainbow". 

So here's my Screensaver. It fits my personality to a tee. Watch out world. Don't mess with this Kansas Girl!

...........................................................................................................................................................................

Dear God. Thank you for dropping me, right where I belong. Life is a journey, and I am so grateful to be traveling along this road. I am your servant. Show me how to serve.



No comments:

Who Really Cares?

 Is it fair? Is it fair to travel back into time and change a person's legacy? I mean, a hundred or maybe two hundred years from now, wi...