Monday, February 28, 2022

Cutting the cord

For years our choice of TV programming has basically been limited to one cable channel, Hallmark movies and selected PBS programs. After seeing the cable bill, for the first time in decades, I decided to cancel our subscription to Cable TV. After all, I reasoned, all of those hundreds of channels, we were paying for,  were basically repeated again and again. Why should I pay over 200 hundred dollars a month for what we were watching?

I called the provider. She didn't want me to cancel, and of course wanted to offer me a "better deal". I wasn't having it. I'll keep the internet, I told her, but I wanted to drop the cable.

Last week, I returned the little boxes and power cords and hopefully, I'll get a final bill, soon. I have arranged for the "Bulk Trash" folks to come and pick up my two huge tubed TV's. The thrift stores don't want them. I am still signed up for internet, which will be provided, for a much smaller fee. My sources say that I can stream programs, on my remaining TV, with some sort of device. That will be in the future, when some 11 year old comes to visit. Kids are the only people who understand electronics these days.

Thus far, I haven't missed cable TV service. I'm following news on the computer and radio. Local Weather I can get on the computer, too. It's a new, old fashioned idea. 

Dear Lord. Change is difficult. Stay with me as I navigate new waters. Be my rock.


 

1 comment:

Karen said...

Not once does the Bible say, "Worry about it," "Stress over it," or "Figure it out".
But over and over it clearly says, "Trust God."

Love you.

Older than Dirt

 Obsolete. More and more, my life is becoming obsolete. Because of my advancing age, things that I like to do and words that I choose, make ...