Thursday, February 27, 2014

40 Days

Next Wednesday marks the beginning of Lent. Never being much of a believer in "giving up" things for Lent, my goal is, as it has been for several dozen years now, to DO something special during this holy season. I think that I have conceived something really unusual, for this year.
Friends and family members are very important to me. So, for each of the 40 days of Lent, I am going to pray for a different person, near and dear to me. Next year, I might pray for 40 people that I don't know. Give me a break. This plan seems a little easier.
My prayers will be for health and happiness. They will be prayers of peace and acceptance. Each and every one of my "prayer people" will be dealt with sincerely and thoughtfully.
I believe in the power of prayer.
If you would like to be included in my list of forty, just let me know. You don't have to ask me to pray for a specific thing. I don't need to know your business. God knows what you are in need of, and he answers every prayer.
And, don't worry. You won't be listed in a future addition of this blog.
Hope to hear from some of you soon. Ash Wednesday is less than a week away.

Good and Holy Lord: Your powers are awesome. Your mercy is abundant. We pray that you will guide us to be the best we can be. You love us. We are blessed with friends and family who love us. Show us how to love, unconditionally.

1 comment:

Nancy K. said...

You are one of God's most special Angels!

Older than Dirt

 Obsolete. More and more, my life is becoming obsolete. Because of my advancing age, things that I like to do and words that I choose, make ...