Sunday, October 20, 2013

Sweet Dreams

Halloween is approaching. Time for ghosts and goblins. It is my least favorite time of year. And, here's why......
I am going to state, with authentic surity, that nothing good ever came from watching scary movies. Don't like them. Never did. Never will. Scary movies will keep coming back to haunt you.
The first really scary movie, that I can remember seeing,  was "Snow White". It was very frightening. It has to be the all-time kid-scarer of cinema. What was Walt Disney thinking? That movie has a scary looking queen, who becomes an even scarier looking witch, a killer woodsman, creepy trees, creepy logs that chase, a trecherous swamp, long falls in darkness, etc. It has poisoned food, a talking mirror, and to top it all off.....seven kind of creepy little men, who expect one small girl (although she has a big voice) to cook and clean for all of them.
The Indiana Jones movies scare me. Spiders and snakes creep me out. Cobwebs are just as bad. War movies are scary. Gangster movies frighten me. The Godfather movies are way too violent. Don't even get me started on the monster genre. I don't like murder scenes on TV. And, all of those Crime Scene Investigation shows are way too bloody and explicit.
I prefer not to watch anything that is the least little bit scary. I want to see nice, happy stuff.
Real life is frightening enough.

God and gracious God. My faith should keep me from being afraid, but it's hard not to be frightened. Keep me strong and be my anchor in times of trouble.
Keep me "safe and secure from all alarm".
I am ever thankful for your everlasting arms.



No comments:

Older than Dirt

 Obsolete. More and more, my life is becoming obsolete. Because of my advancing age, things that I like to do and words that I choose, make ...