Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Happy Anniversary

God is Good. Yesterday I had my annual mammogram test. I passed with flying colors. Two years ago this week I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. We spent a year fighting the disease. My doctors told us that it was important that we go for the win, and that meant surgery, chemo and radiation. It wasn't easy. It was humbling.
We cannot "do" this life without Faith in God. Every step of the way my God was with me. He was in the cards of friends and neighbors, in the food that people sent me. God was in the Prayer Quilt the Liberty UMC gave me. He was in the encouraging emails from girlfriends all over the USA.
Breast Cancer is nearly epidemic. Not everyone's fight is as successful as mine. But, I know that whatever happens in life, God will be there.

No comments:

Older than Dirt

 Obsolete. More and more, my life is becoming obsolete. Because of my advancing age, things that I like to do and words that I choose, make ...