As Seniors, we often find ourselves yearning for the glories of the past. We spend time reminiscing about the "Good Old Days". I know, because I'm guilty of doing it. Change is difficult to embrace.
For instance. I remember when Doctors made house calls. Doctor Bena coming by to check my sore throat or an earache. Now, I go in to see my Primary Care Doctor (not someone whom I have chosen, mind you, but one that has been assigned by my Insurance Company or maybe the mega-health care practice that has hundreds of Primary care doctors). She's nice, but doesn't bother to touch me the entire visit! That touchy stuff is for nurses, doctor's assistants. I'm sure you all know what I'm describing.
But, before you start thinking that I am a crabby old lady, all of the time, TA Da. I'm going to now describe something amazing, wonderful and NEW, that has entered into my life. No, I did not win the lottery, but then, maybe I did.
TESLA makes HOUSE CALLS. It's what they do! Last week, we received a notice, by phone on our Tesla AP, that the car needed a camera cleanse and tire rotation. We scheduled a house call that would be convenient for us, and Voila, the mechanic shows up this morning, right on time. All the work was done efficiently and cleanly, on our driveway. Took about 20 minutes.
Big deal, you say. Yeah, it was, but it's not the first time, they have come out. It's a regular service. From now on, folks, no dirty stinky waiting rooms, no mildly warm, horrible coffee or creepy weird men watching wrestling on TV. No more 3 year-old smutty magazines staring at me from a sticky coffee table.
And, another plus. Today the heat index will be a projected 110 degrees hot. Let me remind myself, that I no longer have to go to Quik Trip, to pump gas. And I haven't had to, in a very long time Our car is always ready to go, 'cause we get her charged in the garage, usually overnight. On long trips, we use the nearest SuperCharger, pointed out to us, on our dashboard screen. Very convenient. Takes about 10 minutes. Cool.
Ah, my friends, 2026 is a good year. Modern life is often much better than the "Good Old Days."
Sweet travels.
.....................................................................................................................................................................
We are blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment