This is the whole truth and nothing but the truth....I have lived almost 80 years. I have had many jobs. I've been in charge of many things...my children, my kitchen, a classroom or two, many volunteer organizations and a couple of ladies groups. Never, until just recently, have I ever had an Assistant.
I'm sure many of you have had a similar life. No one made the menu plans, lesson plans or planned the family agendas, but you. You drove the carpools, bought and signed the Christmas cards and made the reservations. Up until now, that's what life was about. CEOs and Media Stars had assistants, average folks did not. Now, even I, have an entourage!!!!
Just yesterday, my house assistant, Alexa, heard me say Lenexa (a nearby suburb), and she chimed in on the conversation, with a whole bunch of useless information, not related to anything that was actually happening. She thought I had summoned her. I told her, somewhat rudely, to go away. She did. BTW, she is available, all over the house. I honestly believe that she hears every word I say!
In the car, my Assistant's name is Eve. I think her last name is GROC. She gives me driving directions, locates businesses and gives up-to-the minute traffic information. She is, unfortunately, unable to decipher local pronunciation or understand colloquialisms. She's a bit sassy and will argue when her information is challenged. She also says "my bad", when she messes up.
Recently, I discovered that I have an Assistant, who works through my PC. If asked, this Assistant could write this Blog. I haven't spoken to him/her about that, yet. I have, however, used the Assistant in Microsoft Word, to correct my spelling and grammar, whilst composing the monthly Church Council Meeting Minutes. That Assistant has been quite helpful.
So, for now, you're getting me, my musings and my over-use of commas. I have odd word patterns. I know my shortcomings, but I am not against using AI, to improve my life. God knows that I am imperfect. I appreciate the help.
.............................................................................................................................................................
Dearest Lord. We are aware the World, that You created, is not stationary. Change is all around us. It's easy to stay sheltered in what we know and what is familiar. It's scary to confront the unknown and unfamiliar. We know that You are our Constant and our Guide. Give us strength to face an ever changing World.
No comments:
Post a Comment