Friday, August 9, 2019

Peace Like a River

The greatest flaw in human character just has to be our constant attempt to solve all of life's problems. We try to make sense of everything that happens. Our obsession is to find our the "why" and the reason for everything. We want to find the "be-cause", and we want to fix whatever it is.
Here's the real answer folks. We just can't do it! We are not supposed to understand everything. We will never be able to understand everything, to the point that there will be no more problems. We can never "explain" them away. Life is meant to be a mystery.
Have you ever heard of the following words? Omnipotent, Omnipresent and Omniscient? Believe me when I tell you that none of them can be applied to me or you! If I remember my Baltimore Catechism appropriately, Omnipotent means all powerful. Omnipresent means being everywhere, and Omniscient means knowing everything. Those characteristics belong only to the Supreme Being. To God, alone.
You and I are human.
Are you familiar with the camp song lyric..."I've got that peace that passes understanding, down in my heart." Peace comes NOT from our understanding why, it comes from understanding that God is in charge. Try reading Philippians 4:7, and don't forget to sing along, "down in your heart".

Lord. How do we learn to put it all in Your hands? How do we keep from worrying? Show us how to find Peace in You.

No comments:

Older than Dirt

 Obsolete. More and more, my life is becoming obsolete. Because of my advancing age, things that I like to do and words that I choose, make ...