Saturday, March 14, 2009

A Warming Thought

On Monday,I gave away my kitchen stove. Now, before you start thinking of me as an incredibly generous person, let me add that my stove was 45 years old, lemon yellow in color, and only one of the four burners was working! It had to go away, and it did, to the scrap metal dealer.
Well, guess what? I haven't missed it. NO, Scott hasn't taken me out every night dining and dancing (although that is a good idea). Our kitchen is equipped with a microwave, and an electric skillet, so I have been able to prepare almost anything we wanted to eat this week.
Which leads me to the conclusion that we are a family of plenty. We can get by quite nicely on a whole lot less. It is so easy for us to complain about what we don't have, when we clearly should be thankful for the blessings that we do have.
That said, I know I will eventually have to purchase a new stove. I figure I have until Easter or maybe even Thanksgiving. That is, if someone will invite the Kincaids over for Easter Dinner.

No comments:

Older than Dirt

 Obsolete. More and more, my life is becoming obsolete. Because of my advancing age, things that I like to do and words that I choose, make ...